Friday 11 March 2011

Did the MacBook get drafted to become a pro? Or just get paid?


On The Beat and Path
Production Blog
Day 112, Mar 11, 2011

Fridays are of course like every other day in the On The Beat and Path office, which is to say, it feels like a Friday.

Embarrassingly, I didn’t roll out of the wrapper until about 9:00 am this morning.  Which means I didn’t get to work until 9:01.  Ahhh the joys from a home office.  Of course I did walk out of my room to see Randall sitting in my kitchen in his underwear drinking coffee out of a cereal bowl.  I then realized that he poured coffee in to his cereal.  His reasoning?  Trying to be more efficient.

At least Randall showed up.  Vanessa, inspired by the guitar playing of Jerry Garcia, decided to take up guitar lessons and called in sick today to go and but a new guitar.  I tried to explain to here that if she is calling in sick she shouldn’t tell me what she is doing.   While very attractive, Vanessa isn’t very bright.  Which is odd.

We released the music video for our Brazil inspired song, Todo Dia, which is “everyday” in Portuguese.  It’s a great samba-ish groove that is illuminated with the Brazil images in the video.  Check out the part when the drums roll in from the samba school.  If you get a goosebump, let us know.

There are two versions.  One with the full intro:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG8Ke9Cke4k

And one that cuts out the intro so you can watch it over and over again:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=v933h6g3xQM

Back to the Dead and my week of music appreciation, "I Need a Miracle" is a song from the Shakedown Street album. The concept of a "Miracle Ticket" was part of the Deadhead culture. Apparently, every pre-show parking lot scene included some penniless fans looking for a free "miracle" ticket (in addition to acid flashbacks and twinkie eating competitions); and it was not uncommon to see a jubilant hippie dance their grungy-ass way in to a show with one just gifted to them. Gary has been known to give away 2 or 3 extra tickets in his time to such folks, and he has never regretted it.   Of course that is until said jubilant hippie continues to bum rush Blanton every five minutes looking for a few cents to get a beer.  “It got old”, Blanton admitted.

Here's a good clip from 1978 of "I Need a Miracle" from a radio feed. The announcers comments that precede the song are worth hearing alone:


I love that the announcer above drops that the Dead were just on SNL and played three songs (sorry three ‘stellar’ songs).  If the Dead played three songs, was there any time for skits?

I never get sick of hearing songs and projects from the Playing for Change dudes.  If we could somehow team up we would be superheroes that don’t fight crime. 

www.playingforchange.com/episodes/41/Dont_Beat_Me_Around_the_Bush

I just killed a massive mosquito and I am not apologetic at all.  My wife will be extremely happy which might mean good things later.

Blanton has been busy on the site and there are some lovely new additions which include dates when last updated and links to our blogs all over the net.  We have recently begun to post our daily blogs on BLOGGER as well so the folks that are too cool for FACEBOOK can have access to our daily shenanigans.

OK, it’s Friday, I need to get my wife’s new laptop all ready.

Catch Us Live Somewhere on this Planet.

Peace,
Steve

www.boredofdirectives.com/OBPath_index.html

Twitter: twitter.com/#!/OnTheBeatNPath
Blogspot: onthebeatandpath.blogspot.com

steve@boredofdirectives.com
gary@boredofdirectives.com

No comments:

Post a Comment